Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thankgiving!

It's 1:30 a.m. on Thanksgiving. I told myself just get on, post the vlog, bid you all a good day and get off. Ha! Well, I'm gonna try. I just have so much to tell you!

When we embarked on this trip (my father & I) we had no idea what it would bring. Well, we had some of an idea. But so far, each day has been an adventure and we don't know what the next day will bring.

On this Thanksgiving day it will be like none other that I have spent. For the first time in 17 years I will be without my family. Family, as in, my husband & children. I am still with my dad thus being with family. I will likely not eat any turkey. As much as I LOOOOVE Mexican food, I am beginning to miss American food. Some of it at least. I could use me a good ole heap of mashed potaters & gravy right now and some cranberries. Ohh, someone save me some pumpkin pie!

In all seriousness I really REALLY miss Jim & the kids! I'll just leave it at that cause I WILL start crying and I don't want to wake my dad right now with a ruckus. It's a tough Thankgiving being away from home, yet it's also so neat and adventurous. On the trip side of things it has been an amazing trip. There will be none like it for SEVERAL years, possibly never. So it's a little bittersweet.

Ok.....O.K.! I'm getting all emotional and sidetracked......

For certain reasons I don't want to go into too much detail about the trip just yet. Since I was able to get a good connection I decided to treat you all to a little vlog that I had promised. I also have pictures up on facebook if you are my little friend over there. I promise to give a more detailed update after I get home. I'm hoping for another vlog opportunity. I know for sure that I won't be able to be on the internet much again until I get back home & even then please remember I have so much to do after being gone for over a week.

Enjoy the vlog!


No comments:

Post a Comment