Saturday, June 23, 2012

Railroad Days 5k

Seriously slapping this on here then heading out the door.

I raced this morning here in Galesburg for the annual Railroad Days 5/10k.  I chose the 5k option.  I have done this race several times before.  It used to be an evening race then got moved to a morning race.  I felt ok.  Not the best and not the worst.  I keep chasing my pr and was hoping for it today.  My first two mile splits had me on track to achieve that, but my third mile my legs turned into concrete and I slowed down.

I still managed to pull ahead of the female crowd and placed first.  This race awards an overall female award and a from Galesburg top finisher award.  I have been the top Galesburg finisher plenty of times, but never overall.  This was my year.  I'm still happy to be cranking out the times that I do.  It may not be super fast, but it's fast enough for me!

This also doubled as my 5k for Running, Loving, Living's  Summer Virtual Run.  You still have time to sign up & enter this fun race!



Ok, I'm out the door.  Have a great week everyone!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are such a rock star!! Congrats on such a great run this morning! And thanks again for emailing the photo- I think it is hilarious. : )

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome, congrats!!! Oh, and you're a Beautiful Blogger. :) http://hipfitfam.blogspot.com/2012/06/apparently-im-beautiful.html

    ReplyDelete