Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday's Motivation

I need some serious motivation myself.  For a few different reasons in a few different areas.

First off, my post last week about being stressed in my final preparations for our newest arrival of the PFZ (Peterson Family Zoo).  I actually handled the stress pretty well.  For the most part I've had a great week of getting a lot of cleaning & purging done in the house.  It really needed to be done anyway so it feels so good.  But I have been doing A LOT of cleaning.  Some days almost non stop.  Because that is what a house with 8 people requires, especially when you have let a lot of things slide over time.  I had a few mornings where I was just plan unmotivated and got little to nothing done, which inevitability effected my afternoons.  I usually rebounded and worked through the evening (although I normally prefer that to be family or down time).  Stress and grumpiness really set in over the weekend.  I realized that I was not real easy peasy to be around.  My apologies to my husband and kiddos.  They did great in helping out.  I only had to smack them a few times into complete submission.  I'm kidding!  I did though had a massive meltdown along with them and took all ipods away.  Yes it was necessary and I was not being harsh.  Kids these days!!!!  Anyway, despite that they did great with getting along and working together to help in everybody's room.  They too like the extra cleanliness and re-doing of their rooms.  My house is not perfectly 100% clean.  Never will be.  I just have a few things to accomplish today and we are good to go.  Unfortunately at the moment, after having cleaned/worked all weekend I'm very unmotivated.  It will set in soon and I'll get to it.  But in the mean time if you wanna pat me on the back with understanding, cheer me up, give me words of inspiration.....please, by all means, I am open to your love you want to spread upon me.

Next is my running.  I don't need motivation to run.  That's not the problem.  It never has been.  I constantly want to go run.  I am having increased foot pain.  This started a few weeks back.  It seemed like the typical plantar fasciatis.  I got a new pair of shoes.  That helped.  I got a second new pair to rotate in since I am still streaking and on day 58.  (Go ahead and say it...wow, she's awesome!).  The pain has been coming and going.  Doesn't matter if I run 1 or 10 miles it is completely random if the pain is present is bothering me.  The last week, since Tuesday's run my foot has hurt non stop.  Really, really, really hurts!  Mind you I have high pain tolerance.  HIGH!  This really hurts and it's wearing on me that it's persistent despite my stretches, my frozen water bottle, loads of ibuprofen, etc. etc.  I'm doing what I'm suppose to and it still hurts.  Most will then think....or say, maybe you should not run at all.  Let it go away.  I have no idea if anyone will believe or understand me, but I truly believe that running is not the problem here.  I've only ran 1 mile for the last 5 days.  I can say at least I have scaled it back.  When I get up the pain is there.  I can stretch it all day.  Ice it.  Dope it.  Everything I'm suppose to and the pain is still there.  I can not run until 6 p.m. at night, letting it rest all day.  Pain is still there.  It does not get worse when I run.  Running doesn't seem to make it any better or any worse.  So far I'm refusing to give up my streak until I'm medically/professionally told to do so.  Running for 10 minutes a day can not be what is keeping me in constant pain.  Not this bad of pain or this constantly.  I'm ready to melt into a complete toddler, throw myself on the ground and sob.....I just want to ruuuuuun!  Most won't understand this (that is ok, I still love you), but if I have to try and really explain it then you just won't get it anyway.

Ok, this was suppose to be about motivation.  I don't think I'm conveying that right now.  Sorry, can't be Pollyanna every Monday.  But let me go look through my files and see what 'speaks' to  me.  I'm still hanging in there.  I need to go finish my to do list and get ready for our student.  Have a great week everyone!

There you have it.  Deep down inside, even when I'm full of stress and grumpies.  This is what speaks to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment