Tuesday, November 20, 2012

G.O. H.A.R.D

Globally
Organized

Hug
A
Runner
Day

Thanks to Run the Edge there is now a Hug a Runner Day.  (the short & easier to say version of G.O. H.A.R.D).

I texted my running partner, Angela, last night and asked her if she wanted to run this morning.  We had not run in quite sometime, hadn't even seen each other in a few weeks either.  We were both long over due for some girlfriend and running partner time.  Being a Tuesday that meant we had to run at 5 a.m. to get back in time for me to teach (and her attend) my pilates class.  Well worth the sacrifice, the cold, dark morning air and idiot drivers who despite my BRIGHT orange reflective jacket AND her headlamp wouldn't scoot over and give us room to run on a 4 lane road.  I won't even mumble that under my breath...IDIOT!!!!

I'm sure we could have ran a marathon and still had enough to chat about the whole time.  For the today though 4 miles had to suffice.  We enjoyed and cherrished each moment and every step together.  I couldn't think of a better person to spent my GO HARD time with.

A good hearty hug is just what running partners need after a run together!

 There is plenty of me & plenty of love to go around.  I hope to get some more hugs in today.  If you are not local here is a ((BIG HUG)) just for  you.  If I could I'd spend the day on a plane going from place to place seeing and  hugging all my favorite running friends.  Or if you don't run (that's ok, I still love ya!) then you get a hug from me, that crazy runner friend.

Spread the love & G.O. H.A.R.D today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment