Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Too tired

I was just scrolling through facebook.  Partly out of boredom.  Not that I don't have a gazillion things to do, I just don't want to do them.  I have this weird equal force within me that I can't explain.  Half of me wants to do absolutely nothing.  Just sleep or maybe lay on my bed and watch tv all afternoon.  The other half wants to clean the house from top to bottom in less than an hour and squeeze in a 100 mile run before the kids get home from school.  I can do it, ya?!?!?!

I think my drag is coming from a touch of sickies lurking around my body.  I have this thick, gross feeling in my throat & mouth.  For now I'm calling its bluff.  Oh, you don't scare me germs.  I DO NOT GET SICK!  Yeah, I might have to eat crow in a few days, but we'll see.

In my scroll through fb I just came across this picture:




It doesn't fit me exactly, but close enough.  If I stay home I'm going to crawl into bed and ignore the 4 baskets of laundry that insist on being folded and pretend my kitchen is sparkling clean.  Instead, I will head out the door for a run.  Not sure how long.  I am *this close* to getting all the streets run in Galesburg and each afternoon that I venture out I get that much closer.  It's a fair trade for those mornings that I sleep in.  Normally I LOVE getting my workouts done early in the day.  Running at 5 a.m. is a favorite of mine.  But if I run at 5 a.m. I'm so much more limited on where I'll go, how far I'll go and what I'll accomplish.  So running in the afternoon is winning out way too often.  For the time being, at least.

So out the door I go for a run because I'm too exhausted to possibly do anything else!!

No comments:

Post a Comment