Monday, December 10, 2012

Monday's Motivation

I'm sort of lacking motivation today.  I did get through most of my usual Monday workout.  Woke up at 5 a.m. & hit the Y when it opened.  Biked for 40 minutes, then ran 1 mile.  (I've been making Sunday a long run day so I can take a rest run day on Monday).  Did lots of stretching (that needs a post of it's own) and other toning exercises (ie plank).  Home for breakfast then get the kids out the door & to school.  Back to Y.  I had committed to taking the Spartacus class, but they needed me to sub hi/lo aerobics.  So I did that instead which in addition to 40 minutes of cardio I worked my abs & arms.  Next I hit the pool.  I was suppose to swim .5 mile, but that is where I lost any/all motivation.  I was feeling very funky and was pretty sure I looked like a fish out of water trying to swim.  So I gave up and only swam 1/2 of the laps I needed to do.  Now, I'd like to crawl in bed for a nice nap.  But guess what....yep, just like every day of my life, I have SO MUCH to do.  Ugh!  But I came across this nice motivation and decided to take it to heart:






Hmmmm, how true.  And usually I'm my own worst critic.  I have a never ending list of what I want to do/get done.  Even right now I'm feeling like I just didn't do enough exercise today.  I should have done more.  I know, I know, I should get my head examined.  I'm also such a people pleaser and a do-er....meaning I love to do things for other people.  I can clean my house all day (which benefits me & my family) and it will feel like it's not enough.  I'm very guilty of looking at what I didn't do and not focusing on what I did do.

The most important person I need to have this little pep talk with is myself.  Especially on days like today where I'm faced with SO MUCH to do and get done.  It's a little after lunch and I already feel like a complete failure today.  It's only Monday and I already feel like my week is doomed because I haven't gotten enough done to start off my week.  However, I'm going to take a step back, finish here & go make a list while sipping a cup of hot cocoa to get a grip on what I would like to get done with the rest of my day/week.  I probably won't get through my whole list, but I'll work at it and do what I can.

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap, on the workout!! Um, you're totally allowed to skip out at the end. That is one long ass workout... no wonder you're so buff! :)

    ReplyDelete