Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Vloggin' Wednesday - my injury

Many of you have asked and yes I am back to running.  Literally running.  It's a much slower, scaled back pace, but I'm carefully handling my injury while getting some miles in.  I'm anxious to get out there and run without giving it thought or care or adding speed, but that is at the end of what I think will be a long few weeks.  I'd rather work my way back the right way then rush it and risk re-injury.  I talk today about my injury & what I've done to get back going in the right direction.


2 comments:

  1. OK - so I don't always watch videos longer than a few minutes but I watched your entire vlog cause I got so wrapped up in it!!!
    I agree with you on the tear and pain tolerance level - I tore my calf muscle in HS and finished a 2 mile race on it (yes it hurt but...) - everyone has different levels!!!
    I'm impressed that your kids did so well the entire time you were outside doing the video - hopefully your summer goes smoothly and is fun for all of y'all.
    Funny on the now TV from 12-5, I'm sort of the same but we don't turn it on in the mornings!! After we've spent the morning and sometimes early afternoon outside and/or swimming, I finally stop being mean and let them watch TV during the hottest part of the day.
    Glad you are back to running - necessary for saneness!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, glad I have you sucked into my video :) I've actually gotten a lot better, my videos used to be 20-30 minutes in length. I still need to work on making them shorter. I just have a hard time since I'm a "wordy" person. Anyway, I think I found a quiet lull in the day, countless other times I've had just the opposite. We'll see how the summer goes. Part of my reason behind my tv hours is because my older kids/teenagers will then sleep all morning or late into the morning then get up just in time to sit in front of the tube all afternoon. So I'm getting a little more creative :)

      Delete