Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Keeping tabs on me!!

I've been asked many times about giving updates while I'm running the Boston marathon.  While I will have my phone on me and you know I'm one to put it all out there on social media, I may be limited with timely or effectively posting all the details.  However, there are many ways in which you can get up-to-date information on not only me, but any other athlete you may want to track.

First off a few details.  I thought these were no brainer facts, but I've been asked several times these questions & many people don't actually know them.  Which makes sense. I mean in my brain that revolves around running, and for the last 7 months Boston, this stuff is etched into my brain for life.  I could probably recite them in my sleep.  But for the rest of the human race they just don't know and ask these questions with best of intentions of wanting to know.  Here are the highlights of the Boston Marathon:

DATE:  Monday, April 20, 2015
WHERE: Boston, MA
TIME:  While there are some earlier start times for the mobility impaired (8:50), push rim wheelchair (9:17), and hand cycle (9:22) the first wave of elite women runners starts at 9:32 a.m.  (No, I will not be in this group.  Yes, people ask me this all the time.)  At 10:00 a.m. the elite men will start followed by the first wave of runners.  I am in the 3rd wave of runners to be released and in the 1st corral.  So I should be starting at 10:50 a.m. EST

Once I am running there are a few ways you can follow my progress and/or have updates sent to your phone or email.

You can sign up & receive email updates:  Continue to the registration page for the AT&T Athlete Alerts on the race website. Sign-up using your mobile phone number for SMS text message updates, or by entering an email address for email updates. Click HERE to sign up now.

You can sign up & receive texts directly to your phone:  Simply text the athlete's Bib Number to 234567 using your US mobile phone. You will then receive an sms text response with instructions on how to submit a runner’s bib number. You will receive up to 6 texts per bib number.  

Or you can download the Boston Marathon app & track my every move.  Simply search "Boston Marathon," or update the 2014 version on your mobile device.  This year, fans will be able to get six AT&T Athlete Alerts on up to 10 people on race day. 

MY BIB NUMBER IS: 16665

You can watch television footage of the race which will be broadcast on the Universal Sports Networrk.  I don't know what channel that is on and more than likely you won't see me on television anyway, but you can have fun trying anyway.  You just never know!!

So there are plenty of opportunities for keeping track of me on race day!  I can fill in the gaps with my Instagram account and facebook.  I don't know what the day will bring and it doesn't matter if you're following me via text or just thinking about me during the process.  I'm excited to take you along with me on my adventure!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment