Friday, August 8, 2014

Car packed & ready to go

I'm heading out the door for my 5th Howl at the Moon, 8 hour ultra.  I had planned to get on and write you all a nice post to sum things up and set some goals.  But it's already later than I'd like for it to be and I have everything in the car.  And all I need to do is get in and leave.

Instead of trying to write this perfect little blog post I'm just going to get going.  I have a 3 hour drive to prayer about, ponder and process all that I need to to be ready for tomorrow.  Sometimes my dreams and goals are so big that's it's hard to properly convey it into words anyway.

Plain and simple, I'm shooting to run 50 miles.  I've run 46 before and I KNOW I can do 50.  If I don't reach that goal, well....I'll cross that bridge if I need to.  But I stand firm that I'm a darn good runner either way, no matter what.  (Remind me that I said that though as I can often be my worse enemy).

Follow me on Instagram, I'll post pictures when I can.  Cell service is spotty to non existant in the park so you may not hear from me until late afternoon/evening.  The 8 hours I'll be running are from 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m..  I most certainly welcome prayers through out the day.

Until I get a chance to report, I'm off on another adventure & quest to run my heart out and with every ounce of who I am.  As long as I do that, I can not fail!!





P.S.  Don't forget to cast a vote for me HERE!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you in spirit!! I had plans to run the hours at home but we are actually headed to a funeral in the morning so instead I will just cheer you on from a distance!! I can't wait to see your report with 50+
    You got this!!!!

    ReplyDelete