Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Back to "normal"/August Rewind

Almost every single day I think....ok....I got this.  School has started (finally!!  oh most of you don't even know the half of it!!) and I'm getting back on track to a new schedule & routine.  Things are going back to normal (whatever that is) and I'll be back on track with my regular blogging.  Annnnnnd almost every single day I go to bed (usually exhausted) and think....well, tomorrow.  Ha, I even started this yesterday & didn't get it done.  And right now, I really should be in bed.  Normal schmormal, it's clearly over rated!!

Anyway, I have a boat load of things I want to blog about, but figured that I'd start with an August rewind.  As many of you know I ran at Howl at the Moon and kicked butt with 47.5 miles.  I'm still pretty excited over that one.  Running wise that was my only "accomplishment".  As I'm getting advanced in my years aka getting old I can only handle a big accomplishment every once in awhile.  Otherwise it's a whole lot of running with out any restrictions or goals.  I mean, goals are always good, but I'm clearly going through a phase where it's not prominent in my running life.  And I'm ok with that.

Surprisingly enough though I ran 124.2 miles in the month of August.  I figured that aside from Howl I wouldn't be doing much else.  Yes, I continued my streak, but figured I'd have so many more days of just a mile here and mile there to sustain my now 826 day running streak.  While the effects of Howl and thus my recovery process was pretty harsh, I guess it's no surprise that I continue to work through that and keep on running.  I didn't set out to run that many miles.  I just ran and the rest fell in to place.

This takes my yearly mileage up to 939.87 miles.  I didn't realize I was that close to 1,000.  And I find it fascinating that last year I ran over 2,000 and yet with 4 months left I haven't even reached half of that.  And yet, I'm constantly being told that I run waaaaaaay to much.  You know, all that crazy running I do.  Yay, not really!

Ok, my bed is calling my name and my eyes are heavy.  I blogged.  Hooray, I did it!  Now if I can just keep at it.  I mean it's all up in my head I just need to get it down in writing.

1 comment:

  1. WooHoo - your streak is incredible!!
    I wondered how you were doing after the big race - glad you are still streaking!!!

    ReplyDelete