Thursday, September 20, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1.  Sometimes my "she runs everywhere" title takes itself a little too seriously.  Not in my daily running adventures, although that is quite often true.  But in my life with 6 kids, I have days where I'm literally in the van non stop going from here to there and back again.  We actually limit our kid's activities and don't let them do "everything".  When you have each kid just doing 1 or 2 things then it all adds up.  Fall is the busiest season for us.  I know that, but it can wear on me some days.  Yesterday after I ran I was in the van and on the go pretty much non stop for the next 3 hours.  I stopped home a few times, but was only home briefly and usually ran in to get something done real quick.  When I walked in the door right before 6 I had yet another request to go somewhere, but I finally put a halt on any movement so I could stop, take a shower and eat my gourmet supper of waffles (Wednesday is always a light/simple/easy meal night).  Even then once that 30 minutes was over I was back out the door and on the move to my next thing.  I don't mean any of this as a complaint, for the most part I enjoy all that I do.  Being available for my kids has always been very important to us and I'm thankful that it's a huge part of my life!

2.  My foot started to hurt yesterday.  Right before my run my heel started to hurt a little.  I was hobbling around the house.  I have no idea what even brought it on. I was like "oh no you don't!!!!" I was getting out the door and running no matter what!  It went away, although during my run my arch/plantar started to hurt a little on the same foot.  Go figure.  I still pushed through. It was not a complete oh no you better stop hurt.  Makes sense though.  My pt told me that often arch pain often starts further up on the foot and/or up into the leg.  So if my heel was hurting right before then it makes sense my arch was then twinging a little.  I was too busy the rest of the day to notice much, but when I got up this morning I was hobbling around again.  More heel pain.  It's subdued now, but was really bugging me this morning.  Will have to monitor this closely.  Injury makes me massively a little crazy.  I'm not going down that road if I can help it.

 3.  Saturday is the first official day of fall.  Yay!  I'm running toward it with my arms wide open ready to welcome it in!  While July is my favorite month of the year, fall is my favorite season of the year. I already have apple cider in my fridge.  I've been wearing sweats and/or jeans and hoodies just about non stop.  I pulled a long sleeve shirt out to run earlier this week.  I'm loving it!  What is your favorite season of the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment