Thursday, March 7, 2013

Moving On & Looking Forward

Moving On:
 I'm so done and over the Hawkeye 50k.  No more rambling posts.  No more analyzing it to death.  No more what if or if only.  It is what it is.  IF you want to know something, comment, ask a question, etc. I'm more than happy to reply, otherwise I'm putting sock in it!

Looking forward:
Coming up in a few weeks I'm planning on racing 6 races, 5 weeks in a row.  As of now I'm only officially signed up for the Illinois Marathon, to do the I-Challenge.    This race has become a favorite of mine.  It's fast & flat & I love the finish line.  I'm kind of fond of this place now.  Not that that makes me any kind of Illini fan....no, no, no.  Sorry, never.  Forever a Hawkeye girl here.  I guess after living here for 18 years, something just begin to grow on you! 

I'm still planning on another half marathon and some other small local races (2 5k's and a 2 mile race that I've won several times).  Oh, and for "fun" I'm throwing in the Jelly Bean Virtual Race.    I signed up today.  I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I signed up to race all 3 distances (5k, 10k & half marathon.)  Sure, why not.  None of my other formal races will count toward the Jelly Bean so technically that takes me up to 9 races coming up.  Sometimes I think that sounds a little crazy, but naaaaaah.

Recovery this week has not been going that great.  I'm really dragging!!  My pace is down by several minutes and I'm lacking a ton of motivation.  My running streak is what's keeping me going.  Yes, it's very tempting to just stop, walk away and think "who cares".  Except that I do care, a lot!  I agree that I need rest & recovery, but listening to all other cues would have me walking away from it all and not coming back for awhile.  I did not bust my butt for the last 10 months for nothing.  So, I'm not bouncing back as well as I would have liked and that sucks.  But I'm here for the long haul and I have a lot to look forward to and work toward.

How does your spring racing calendar look?  Tell me what you have coming up!

Have you ever completed a virtual race/run?  You can still sign up for the Jelly Bean, click on the link above!

4 comments:

  1. That is a lot of races! As you know rest is just as important as training. It boggles my mind that you can run everyday and not get injured, my body does not work that way. Looking forward to reading about all your races!- This is Amy N. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked Joshua's blog, he's doing a great job!! Been missing your posts : ) I know I need rest, it's just so hard for me to do! My body has a way of forcing it upon me when I won't do it on my own!!

      Delete
  2. I love virtual runs, I am doing the 5k and 10k in the Jelly Bean!!! I might add the 21K bike but we will see because I have a crazy busy race schedule....once spring hits I race every weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not much of a biker. I add it every so often if I'm tri training. Weather depending I might do that too.

      Delete