Thursday, March 14, 2013

TTT: 1 week, 1 post

It's ALWAYS a tough balance in my life to get the necessary things done vs. what I want to get done.  Need and want are two different things that I'm constantly trying to teach to my children and embrace myself.  Quite honestly I never have time to blog.  NEVER.  So it's easy to let a few days go and not sit down and write out what I have on my mind.  It's neither good or bad one way or the other.  It's just my life.  Yet, knowing this is a big outlet for me I eventually I do take the time so....here I go....

1.  What I wanted to name Monday's post: ándele.  For those non Spanish speaking folks that means come on!  hurry up!  I wanted to discuss my lack of speed training which I do see a direct effect on my speed.  Sure, some of it is age, I'm no spring chicken anymore, but I'm slowing down in my running.  Don't get me wrong, it's not all about speed.  If you are a "slower" runner, that is fine and a-ok with me.  For me though, I have proven that I have it in me to run faster.  While it came a lot more naturally in my youth I have to really work on it now.  I'm guilty of not though and it shows.  So I'm adding speed workouts back into my running schedule.  For me these work best on a dreadmill where at the push of a button I have to go faster or else fly backward and create a scene for the whole gym to see.  I have passed out fallen off of a fast moving treadmill before, let me reassure you it's no fun.  Just take my word for it.  So while I'd rather go on long at my own pace runs I really must work on my speed.  I have it in me, I just need to work on it.  Hold me accountable people!!

2.  What I wanted to name Tuesday's post:  pumping iron.   Another area that I "hate" to work on is strength training.  We all have that one thing that we just hate to do, but need to do it anyway.  When I get busy, or lazy, lifting weights is the first thing I drop.  I could care less about doing it.  Again, it has shown that it really effects my running though.  I'm more prone to injury and my body easily begins to fall apart.  I think that is a large part to why my Hawkeye 50k felt so awful.  I have been ignoring both speed and strength training for MONTHS!  *shock*  *gasp*  I know....I KNOW!!  Again, hold me accountable peeps!  Yes, I know there is only so many hours in a day, there is only so much of everything that I can do.  It's no excuse for just letting it all go to the wayside and then wonder why my running is such a struggle.

3.  Wednesday's post?  That is my vlogging day and I still don't have a cable for my camera.  Yes, I did order one, it's just not here yet.  While I thought about making a super short, hey how ya doin' video on my ipod.  It just didn't happen and going on a 9 mile run didn't help with time either.  I wasn't sure what I was going to yap about, sometimes once I turn on the camera my inspiration comes, sometimes not.  It's nice to have that mid week I might post or not break.  If it happens, it happens.  If not, eh....not the end of the world or my blog.

That about wraps up my week.  Nothing too big or exciting.  I'm taking off early tomorrow morning for moms weekend away.  Yay!  That's what I'm talking about!!  Girl time, laughing, talking non stop, shopping and of course, running.  Duh, can't forget that!  Have a great weekend.  Hoping next week goes better with balancing it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment