Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday's Motivation

After having SEVERAL days of non stop, on the go, action and very....VERY little sleep I forced myself to sleep in today.  I was becoming very zombie-ish and was going to crash and burn if I didn't do something about it.  My internal clock woke me up at 5 a.m., but I went back to sleep with no problem until I had a full 8 hours in my bank.

I had the flexibility to do this because this afternoon I had nothing on my calendar so I knew I could venture out on an afternoon run.  Note:  I didn't say I had nothing to do.  Ha....while I did get a lot done today, the kitchen still needs my attention and I need to start supper soon.  Consider yourself special since you are a notch above those two things today : )

I came across today's motivation from a post by Sexy Mother Runner.  I just loved this motivational tip.  More so for the notion of not eating your favorite foods.  I'm all about food.  LOTS of it.  The good stuff & yes, plenty of the bad.  I obviously make plenty of good food choices.  Another favorite saying of mine is that there in not enough training to undo a bad diet.  The good has to outweigh the bad and I think my fitness level is a testament of that.   I also agree with the notion of being "stuck" in a body you hate.  I used the "  "  because it really is your choice how you treat your body and affect it's outcome.  Granted some things we can not control.  Stretch marks, wide hips, boobs down to our knees.  I'm obviously talking to the women folk here.  My body is far from perfect, but for the most part I'm happy with it.  Maybe because I know that every day I go out there and do something for it.  I push it to it's limits and watch it do the most amazing things.  I love my body, more so for what it can do and what I do for it than how it actually looks.


 






So now....what are you going to do?  I know it sounds totally cliche....but JUST DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment