Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March Rewind

I can't believe that it's April already!  I will admit that I was fooled today.  In my defense it was just before 6 a.m. & I had only been awake & moving for less than 30 minutes.  As I hurried into work, the member service desk worker said to me "Did you hear Melissa (another coordinator & my buddy) was fired last night?!?!"  He said it so perfectly and I fell for it immediately by responding with "NO WAY!  WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!"  Of course he egged me on a little more before grinning and saying "April Fools!!"  Phew, I was so glad that is what it was!'

Anyway, I want to get a quick recap of March before things get away from me.  April is my busiest race month so I want to get ahead of the game.

Miles Ran:  110  Yeah, kind of disappointed AGAIN for the 3rd month in a row.  Especially after vowing that I would no longer be slacking and I would really.....really kick up the mileage.  However, not to be too hard on myself I have been sick for the last 3 weeks.  That's most of the month!!  I kept trying to downplay and outright deny that I was sick, but honestly it was brutal at some points.  Anyway, (hopefully) I can expand on that in another post.  All in all, I guess I won't complain.  It is what it is and I'll take it & be proud!!

My streak.....yeaaaaaaaah......about that.....ummmmmmm......I sorta....kinda......broke that.


















Ok....NOT REALLY!  (That was my lame attempt at an April Fools.)  But it is sort of true.  Note I wrote 'my streak' and not my RUNNING streak.  That is still going!  Of course!!  I am now 673 days strong on my running streak.  What I did break though was recording my run everyday on Nikeplus.com.  In the past if I ran without my device I would then turn it on later and manually record (as in shake it to register the distance or drive the distance) just so that it would show that I had completed a run.  On Nikeplus.com you can log on and see this nice little chart of all your runs, etc. and I had always loved see every single day for over a year having a little marker to show that I ran.  At the beginning of the month I had ran with my PT class.  For the most part, when I'm on the clock & exercising I don't have my phone on me.  Even if I did I'm not going to ask them to stop & wait for me to mess with it for my own selfish reasons.  I'm there for them, not me.  Typically my PT workout is NOT my own workout, but lately I've had some push comes to shove day & it's all I get in.  So on this particular day I ran without my device & just so happened to forget to later on turn it on & log (even a fake one) my run.  Believe it or not my heart sank to the floor when I woke up the next morning and realized what I did.  I got over it though.  There are worse things I could do, like forget to actually run.  (haha, is that even possiible?) So I wasn't going stress too much over it.

Did anyone fool you today?  Did you fool anyone?

1 comment:

  1. No April Fool's jokes here - I'm lame like that!
    Sorry you've been so sick - hope you are feeling better finally. I'm not surprised that even sick you have kept your streak going - incredible!

    ReplyDelete