Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Feast or Famine

One thing I know about myself is that I tend to be a feast or famine person.  I'm either on or off.  Often times there is no in between for me.  However at the same time I feel like I'm a very steady, reliable person.  I'm predictable.

A few weeks ago I came on strong and ready to change the world with my blog and each post that I had in mind (and I have plenty in my mental queue, plus all the ones that I'll write about as they happen).  It was on like donkey kong.  Then just as quickly I was nowhere to be found and no matter how much I thought about posting I just couldn't seem to get it done.

If there's one thing I can't complain about during this shelter at home time is that the time does not go slow.  Days are clicking away faster than I want them to.  I have a mental to-do list each and every day and it never fails that I can't get that list done.  It's not even a long or big list.  Some basics to get done, sprinkled in with some bigger projects that I want to work on.  Some days it's a struggle to get even just the basics done.

It's no surprise that I have horrible time management skills.  HORRIBLE!  How I've managed to survive years of not only managing my own time, but that of my 6 pack, is beyond me!  Granted the important stuff always got done one way or another.  It never failed though that I would often get so many compliments about how I just had it all together and managed things so well.  I always wanted to yell "I AM A MESS! AND DEFINITELY DID NOT HAVE MY SH*T TOGETHER!"

Either way, none of that has ever kept me from pushing forward through life.  At some point I realized that nobody has it all together.  While I can certainly have goals or work to improve in certain areas, I really just have to keep being and doing me and that's all I can focus on.  If I can own and acknowledging my strengths and weaknesses (ie my feast or famine qualities) I can better tackle each day.  It's an unspoken on my list and maybe one of the best things I can focus on during this time!

What are some of your best or worst qualities?

No comments:

Post a Comment