Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday's Motivation

I went MIA last week after posting about my tri.  Long story short....I needed it.  Things might be sparse this week too.  Long story short....I need it.  This in no way effected my running.  At least not my running streak.  I am on day 22 of at least 1 mile a day.  Between recovering from my tri and my "long story short" I kept most of last week at 1 mile a day.  Although yesterday, thanks to my handsome husband we set out and ran 8.  And, that's how wonderful crazy my running can be.  Nothing more than a mile for almost 2 weeks, then all of a sudden, I whip out an 8.  Then to top that off I ate a whole lot of bean dip & guacamole last night while watching the Super Bowl.  And I just didn't care.  Yummm.....yummmmm! I had earned it.

I saw something on another blog that inspired me.  I AM still trying to find a good groove with my blog and what to post when.  As much as I love Music Monday (which I think I am going to switch to Tuesday's Tunes.  But then I need a day to work in my treasure day.  Thursday perhaps.  Ooooh, wait how about Friday's Findings?  Well, I'll figure it out.)   ANYWAY....I am going to try Monday's Motivation.  I have LOTS of pictures to choose from and thanks to the internet there is always an abundance of this kind of stuff laying around.  I come across them almost daily and it just fuels my running/well being fire.   So here is the start to my week and Monday's Motivation....







I have been really working on this myself as I am beyond guilty of comparing myself to others.  On the flip side I see people comparing themselves to me too.  I hear the comments all the time about....I can't run like Carmen.  Or, run 8 miles...geesh, I just want to run 1.  A 21 min 5k....well I'm not a real runner like Carmen. Etc, etc.  For the record: I don't want anyone to be like me.  I want you to be like you.  Because YOU are special & awesome in your own way.  That I think deserves this:





Now go on and have a great week being YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment