Friday, July 13, 2012

FIVE Things Friday

1.  I was very unsure if I was going to blog today.  I was, then wasn't....back and forth.  I did the same yesterday.  Mentally I even knew what I was going to put, but I just haven't sat down at the computer too much the last few days.  Know what though...I have a very clean house.  Yay!  So in some ways, it's worth it.  I had a few things on my mental list that I really wanted to get done, plus just the usual upkeep that has honestly been neglected the last few days.  I just needed to buckle down and get it done!

2.  I don't really have anything to post under Friday's Findings.  As I said last week I haven't seen too much while out running worth picking up.  However last Saturday I was out for a run along S. Lake Storey Rd. and saw a cd in the ditch.  I ignored it the first time, but when I passed by again I thought I would at least take a look.  It was a Christmas CD!!!!!  I found that very amusing since it was so blasted hot outside.  I did pick it up, but honestly don't know what happened to it.

3.  I saw this funny picture on facebook.

Why....you may be wondering is that so funny.  Especially from me!  Well, I happen to have some offspring who do NOT run for anything.  You know, zombie apocalypse time....she's just gonna lay down and die cause she won't run for ANYTHING!  I told her I would buy one for her car.  Although it would look really funny next to all my 50k, 26.3 & 13.1 stickers.  Aside from her (who I really wonder if she was just switched at birth) I have a slew of friends who do not run at all.  That's fine.  To each their own, right?  Just as I want them to love and embrace me for my crazy awesome running passion, I want to return it by loving them for not being as awesome as me having a passion to not run.

4.  We had been planning to take the kids to Six Flags in Chicago this weekend.  Yesterday, the hubster called me and told me to cancel the hotel.  The trip was off.  Long story short, he has to work all weekend.  I was so bummed!  The kids actually didn't know this was what we were going to do.  It was going to be a surprise for them.  Despite being a little down and ticked off about the last minute cancellation I searched for the bright side of things.  I didn't see any right away.  Since we didn't pack up and leave today I was able to stay home and really get things done around the house.  It even gave me time to go to the chiro for an adjustment then take a nice nap in the afternoon.  Tomorrow I am packing up the kids and heading home to see my family in Iowa aka heaven.  We are going to spend the day at the waterpark and just enjoy the time there.  We are staying overnight so I can race on Sunday morning.  Bonus!  I've always wanted to do this race, but it's never on a good weekend.  Of all years this race on this Sunday will be extra special.

5.  Sunday is my birthday!  I LOVE BIRTHDAYS!!!!!  I honestly truly LOVE getting to be another year older.  I completely embrace it!  I don't think I have ever raced on my birthday.  I've raced the day before and the day after, but as far as I know not ON my day.  I'm so excited!  I guess not going to Chicago has turned out to be a good thing after all.  Anyone want to guess how old I am turning?  (No cheating and blabbing the answer if you already know.)

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment