Friday, July 27, 2012

Which one?

I want to give you two scenarios about how I spent my morning & day so far..  One is true.  One is not.

Scenario #1:  I woke up at 6 a.m.  I was tired, but got myself up and out the door for a 10 mile run.  It felt so good to get the run done early and the run itself was just awesome!  Once I was done I had my typical protein full breakfast of 3 eggs and, of course, my daily cup of coffee.  Once that I was done I continued to be productive, getting the laundry going for the day and other household chores that needed to be done.

OR

Scenario #2:  I slept until 8 a.m.  For a rare change my kids awoke and found me still in bed.  It was nice to snuggle with them for a little while.  Getting out of bed felt like a huge chore.  I was sore and still tired!  I got up only long enough to get the kids some cereal for breakfast and even had a big bowl of granola raisin bran cereal myself.  I never...ok rarely, eat cereal.  Not a good source of carbs at all.  I crawled back into bed to eat my cereal and watch tv.  It wasn't until 10 a.m. that I finally got up out of bed for the day.  I packed up the kids and we went to the Y where I ran my mile and biked for 30 minutes.  As promised I took them swimming, just for fun...not laps to swim for exercise, just play time.  I did eventually get my kitchen clean, but just so I could make zucchini chocolate chip cookies.

Think about it.  Maybe comment real quick before reading on.  What is your guess on how I spent my morning & day so far?  Be honest.

I won't keep you in suspense for too long.  *drum roll*................................

Scenario #1 is NOT true!  Scenario #2 IS how my day has gone.  Are you shocked?!?!?!?  Does that even sound like me at all? 

To tell you the truth I don't even feel guilty.  It kind of felt awesome to just take a step back and veg.  Now, I'm not promoting a lifestyle like this AT ALL.  It was one day and I didn't plan for it to be this way, it just happened.  It's ok to step back and have an occasional day like this.  In fact, I can't think of the last time I did this.  Typically for me sleeping in means 7 a.m. and eating a "bad" breakfast food means eating an english muffin along with my eggs.

What about you?  Do you need an off day?  A day to step back and veg out?  Go ahead.....do it!  You've probably earned it and deserve it!

*******************************************************************************
This looks different each day, but as long as you accomplish it....you are good to go!




Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment