Monday, May 5, 2014

April Rewind

Better get my wrap up of April done before I get too far into May.  I also have 2 5ks to recap.  Eek!  It all just snuck up on me and it's made me realize the start of racing season is here!!

While it doesn't feel like April was full of races, here are the ones I ran:
Lincoln Presidential Half Marathon, Sprinfield, IL
Carl Sandburg College 2 mile Charger Challenge, Galesburg, IL
Illinois 5k, Champagin, IL
Illinois Marathon, Champaign, IL

My racing alone made up a good chunk of my mileage, but I managed a total of 121 miles for the month of April.  Highest month so far for 2014, again, largely due to racing.  I know I wouldn't have run those distances on my own.  However, I do feel like it's re-lit and fired up my desire to get out there more.  Enough of this cutting back & taking it easy.  Do I need to drastically up my mileage?  No, but, come on......I can do more than that!!

I have continued my streak and am coming up on the end of my 2nd year.  As of the end of April I have run (on rare occasion a fast walk due to injury) for 703 days in a row of at least 1 mile.  My ending the streak is not in sight, I have no idea when it will be.  I just take it one day, one step at a time.

I'm looking forward to May and ready to start putting in some more serious training as I have some summer races that I'm anxious to do well in.  I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back on the running with a lit fire!!
    I'm running my 50 this week -I will make a decision (if it's not to late) after this weekend for Howl at the Moon!

    ReplyDelete