Thursday, January 31, 2013

Vacation Update

I don't have a lot of time to post this.  We are having a relaxing day, sleeping in and taking our time to head to the beach.  We were set to leave then hubby realized that the two front tires on the van were bald with wires sticking out.  How we safely made it down here is beyond him, surely only explained by God's protection.

I have to resist telling you all about my vacation, which has been great so far!  Perfect, surely not, but as great as we can expect.  I wanted to do a quick end of the month update.

I have continued to run everyday while on vacation.  It hasn't been easy.  The first day or two we were up and out the door by 7:30 a.m. to get to the Disney parks when they opened.  That meant I had to run before we left.  Yes, I could have deferred to the evening, but I wasn't as sure that it would get done.  I didn't want to chance messing up my 250ish day run streak because I was too lazy to get my butt up early and out the door for 2 miles.  When it comes to running in dark, it'd rather do morning dark then night time dark.  No clue why, but it just feels safer in the morning.  However being in an unfamiliar place it still has me a little uneasy (or did the first day or two, now I don't mind as much).  I have stuck close to the house, looping within the subdivision that our house is at that we are renting.

My running miles for the month of January is 143.11  That would also be my total for 2013.  I would have like to see that a little bit higher, but because of vacation I really scaled things back this last week.  I'm totally ok with that though.  It's not every month that I will be on vacation.  I've fallen behind a little bit with Run This Year (to be on track I needed to have logged 160 miles by today), but my numbers are not that far off that that I won't be able to catch up.  I've also been able to contribute those miles to the Chilly Challenge that I was participating in with Team Giraffe.  The challenge doesn't officially end until midnight, but so far team giraffe is ahead.  Stay tuned for that final update!!

I'll leave you with a few pictures from vacation thus far.  We still have a few days left to go and I've already taken over 450 pictures.  Once I get back I'll be sure to take a few posts to tell you all about my adventures here on vacation.  There have been a lot and so many more to come!!


0










1 comment:

  1. You are dedicated...even when you are relaxing. *LOL* Glad y'all are having a great time. Love seeing the pics! ((Carmen))

    ReplyDelete