Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tuesday's Tunes - Getting High

Well, I ran today, but was so stressed over something I didn't pay much attention to what blared through my headphones.  Add that to the fact that due to weather I have to tough it out on a treadmill.  Ick!  It wasn't a pleasant run.  However, I can actually recall a few key songs that played which actually goes hand in hand with what I was going to talk about today - getting high.

This came to me last Sunday while I was at church.  Now I love the preaching, but my favorite part is the time of worship with singing.  I've said before that I listen & sing to music every. single. day. Similar to running I would not be complete without it.  So during this time of singing we had some great songs that really moved me.  My hands were lifted, body was moving & I was singing praises to the Lord!  Can I hear a HALLELUIAH AMEN?!?!  Oh, sorry.  Caught up in the moment again.  Anyway, when it was done I had the biggest high.  I was in my favorite worship position with my hands up & face lifted toward heaven.  I could have stayed there forever in God's presence.  It's such an awesome feeling.

I also get this same high when I run.  Not always.  Not every time.  Sometimes it comes in the middle of the run, sometimes at the end.  It can happen once, it can happen several times during a run.  It's the best feeling in the world!  To me, both are God given.  Both are vital to who I am.  What can be very comical is when the two happen at the same time.  Running down the road or on a treadmill and my running high hits during a song (which isn't always a "church" song) that brings me that same high.  Yeah, I'll be jamming along with hands lifted, maybe some clapping, a huge smile while I lift my face toward the sky.  I'm sure I look ridiculous, but I really don't care.  I'm in the moment.  I'm getting high.  I'm being who & how God created me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Firework - Katy Perry
Prrrum (Remix) - Cosculluela & Wisin y Yandel
In the Garden - Don Marsh
CSI - TV Theme Song
Fly on the Wall - Myley Cyrus
Greatest American Hero - TV Theme Song
This is the Day that the Lords Hath Made - Gaither Trio
Every Breath You Take - The Police
More than Words/Heaven - Rock of Ages Soundtrack
Our God - Chris Tomlin
Man in the Mirror - Michael Jackson
Hold Me - Jamie Grace feat. tobyMac
At Your Name - Phil Wickham
Forever - Chris Brown
Jai Ho! (You are my Destiny) - A.R. Rahman & The Pussycat Dolls

No comments:

Post a Comment