1. It feels like a cool October morning. Crazy! Despite the coolness & rain I still got up and ran 3 miles this morning with my running partner Angela. If it hadn't been for her I probably would have hit snooze and skipped the run. Accountability is good on some days!
2. My baby girl Carmen is sick. Poor thing has hand, foot, mouth and has big blisters in her mouth & throat. It's fair to say she is miserable and lays around all day sleeping. Dr. office told me they have treated about 2 dozen cases in the last week or so. It's going around.
3. Last night I found lice nits on another child of mine. I can't believe that I'm admitting this publicly. I hate that feeling of being dirty, poor or whatever comes to mind when you think of lice. How stereotypical. I know it's so wrong. Plenty of people get lice. Even clean, rich people. It happens. It sucks. I'm treating the bed linens and child infected, plus keeping tabs on the other 5 heads that can also get infected. I'm no stranger to lice, I've so been there done that before with one kid or another. I'm fairly sure I caught it early & we don't have a big infestation. I've been through that before too, it nearly breaks me. Trying to keep positive though and not itch my head. Does yours itch now? You're welcome!
4. This weekend is the Galesburg Half Marathon Express. There is still time to register online or on the day of the event (cash & check only the day of, no credit cards). Don't miss out on this great event. There is a half marathon, 5k & 1 mile run. Something for everyone. I can not race myself & had really been looking forward to being a volunteer, but there was some snafoo and miscommunication and I'm not helping out after all. I'm really bummed about it. I was wanting to really be a part of the race without actually doing the race. Stuff happens though. I'll still be milling around before and after so holler if you see me. I'm still glad to be able to promote this race. A special shout out to HOULA who was the winner of my first ever giveaway. It is also her first half marathon so I'm extra excited that I was able to give her a free race entry to enjoy & experience this race. Have a great race!
5. Today is the last day to enter my current giveaway for a free Bondi Band. Don't miss out on this chance to win a great product! If you haven't entered yet...HURRY, go sign up now.