Thursday, May 3, 2012

Three Things Thursday

*If you missed my vlog from yesterday or just am not into the whole vlogging scene (totally fine, to each their own) then I will show you what fun you missed.
Yep, I ripped off my going to fall off anyway toenail.    Today it looks a little redder.  From the untrained eye it appears that I have that toenail painted red.  Other wise I don't notice it at all.  It made me realize that I always lose this toenail when I run a marathon or longer.  I have no problem growing it back.  Which means it'll be back just in time for me to run Howl at the Moon 8 hour ultra and lose it all over again.  Oh, the life of a runner.

*Do you see this Tough Chik?

Yep, I was a toughie, even as a kid.  I got to thinking about this picture yesterday because I was mad at the computer and made the comment that I was going to beat someone up.  I later recanted that statement, but it's not like I could claim that I would never beat up someone.  Oh, the stories I could tell that involve broken noses, trips to the er for stitches and in school suspension on more than one occasion.  What can I say?  I was just a kid/teen.  It's not necessarily reflective of who I am now, but my history none the less.

I'm not promoting violence among children, think that my reasons for fighting were ok or that to be tough one must by physical.  I just knew that at a young age I was tough.  You don't mess with me, I WILL take you down!  When I came across Tough Chik I knew this was just the place for me.  They have a wonderful team that you can join.  Now, if you are thinking.....I'm so not tough like Carmen....then don't worry Tough Chik is a state of mind, not a physical performance level.  YOU get to set your own definition and limits of what tough is.  Let's face it....if you are a woman....you are TOUGH!  Take a look at the team and JOIN THE TEAM!  Registration is only open until May 13!  Don't miss out!

 *Have you signed up for my 100th post giveaway?  Huh?  Huh?  Huh?  WHY NOT?!?!?!  Ok, ok...I know it's a pretty specific giveaway so a lot of people need not apply.  I'm still very excited about giving away a free entry into the Galesburg Half Marathon Express.  I am also very excited about how this promotion has helped lead other people to my blog to enjoy this insanity craziness little thing I call life.  It has also helped bring awarness to what I'm sure is going to be a fabalous race here in the 'burg.  My giveaway ends TODAY!  Don't miss out and enter now!  Winner will be posted tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! It just looks sore. The Tough Chik, however, is a cutie. Keep rockin' it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed this one somehow...not looking forward to the running associated injuries. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete