Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday's Motivation

I've known all day that I really didn't want to title this Monday's Motivation and I'm sitting here as bum as can be with no motivation at all.  Not really in a running sense, but in a let's curl up in bed and watch t.v. all day sense.  Yay, we all have those days, I know.  The gloomy and wet weather is not helping my cause as all.

In running terms I'm doing ok.  Not great, not fantastic.  Just ok.  I am still on my running streak.....118ish days in a row now.  Recently I had a 10 day streak with no "rest days" at all.  I felt awesome and just kept pumping out the runs day after day.  That came to an end last Thursday when I got dressed for a run, even plotted out my course then just sat here thinking over and over....I don't want to run.  I did manage to get 1 mile in, my minimum requirement, then continued for the next 3 days in that funky mode.  Yesterday I forced myself out the door for a run.  I had no idea how long it would be, I just knew where I was planning to go.  8 miserable miles later I finally stopped and called for a ride home.  The thought occurred to me over and over to just stop and "give up", but that word tends to not be in my vocabulary.  If I say I'm going to run a certain course, then by golly, once I get one foot going in front of the other I AM GOING TO FINISH!

When I texted my running partner and told her about my run she was very concerned.  She was going all CAPS on me wondering what was wrong?!?!?!  (I think in reference to me finally stopping and calling for a ride home.  I have NEVER done that before)  You have to love running partners for they do speak the truth when you want to hear it the least.  Twice in the last week she has stressed that I NEED TO TAKE A BREAK!  Hmmm....maybe, I do.  MAYBE!  Yes, I have some sort of weird addiction where I just can't stand the thought of going without my daily running fix.  Even if it only for 1 mile.  Just 1 mile, man...JUST ONE MILE!


Yep, this tends to be me.  There are just no excuses these days.  I'm not sure if that is good or bad, but it's just me right now.  I might as well enjoy it while I can.

I did finally sign up to run the Screaming Pumpkin marathon on Friday.  I suppose I could take it easy for most of the week.  Maybe.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment