Friday, January 27, 2012

11 Things about ME!

So this little "11" game has been going around the blogosphere and I've been tagged and am super excited about it! It only takes a nudge & I happily open up & talk about myself. So play along & HAVE FUN! HERE ARE THE RULES...

1. Post these rules.

2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.

3. Answer the questions set for you in the post you were tagged in.

4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.

5. Go to their blog, FB page, or wherever you can grab their attention and inform them of their obligation to the blogosphere.

(Since I am such a people pleaser I will add the amendment that if you don't want to continue to do this (as in tag 11 people and keep the game going) then would you at least post 11 things about you and answer my questions. Pwwweeeaaassseeee!)

OK, Here are my 11 things about me:

1. I was enlisted in the Army Reserves for 8 years. I was a cook. The only reason I joined was because I liked the idea of the tough physical fitness regimen. And I did thoroughly enjoy that, but wasn't overly fond of many other aspect of being in the Army. The best thing that did come out of all that was I met my husband in the Army. He was a sargant, I was a private....he ordered me to marry him. Not really, but that is what he likes to say :)

2. Although initially not a fan, I have watched every single season of Survivor. I love it despite recent changes to the show. I still watch it. I used to want to be on the show so bad. Now I'm also an Amazing Race addict fan and would LOVE to race that with my husband. (I'm pretty sure we'd kick butt & win it all!!!!)

3. I have a fear of heights. It started in 4th grade when we went on a field trip to the Power Plant. Even watching things on tv make my stomach drop and I get all weird feeling. It doesn't restrict me too much though, I've been known to get up to high places and do crazy things. I just get anxiety about it, feel super nervous and woozy.

4. I love to exercise. Running is my favorite (well, duh!). I started to run when I was 10. I was an average runner in school. I could have been better, but I had low self esteem issues and didn't think/believe I could be a good runner. To make things worse, a team mate laughed at me & told me I would never be a good runner. I believed her & quit trying so hard. Now I know I could have been the total bomb, but I did still keep running. I was not robbed of that completely.

5. I've been attending church since the day I came home from the hospital. I chose to have a personal relationship with God when I was 4. I certainly had my stray time from Him, but I have never turned my back completely on God or my faith or the Bible & what I believe.

6. I have a pen name of Jona Dee Peterson. I made it up when I was in 9th grade. Long before I ever knew I would marry a Peterson. I used to write all the time, been published a few times.

7. I have an amazing memory. I probably can't tell you your name if I just met you 5 minutes ago, but I can remember the most insane moments from school & growing up. I remember smells, the noises going on at the time, what I was wearing, etc.

8. I've been to NYC in 1993. I have a picture of me on top of one of the World Trade Center buildings that no longer exists. One of my favorite pictures of me ever.

9. I almost tied my tubes after baby #4. The only reason I didn't was because Jim told me he would get "fixed". That obviously never happened and I'm so glad it didn't. We know agree to never do anything permanent to prevent any future babies.

10. My highschool nickname was Elepahnt. I love elephants & collect them, but really like them to be unique & different. I have an elephant tattooed onto my left upper arm. I don't regret getting the tattoo, just wished I had put it on my shoulder instead. I got the tattoo before being married & now to honor my husband's wishes I won't get anymore. Otherwise I'd have at least 2 more, one of them being...you guessed it, something with an elephant.

11. I love to talk and can't seem to say anything with a simple answer/response. Notice most of my things have more than one sentence to them. Shut me up already :)

NOW, I will answer the questions posted by the blogger who tagged me

1.  Favorite race/event & why?  Right now I would say that it's Howl at the Moon, 8 hour ultra.  I get to go out & test my limits.

2.  Were you a Princess or Tom Boy?   Total tomboy.  I had cars when I was a little girl & watched Dukes of Hazard while playing with them.  I climbed trees, got dirty & even beat up boys.

3.  Who or What inspires you & why?  God inspires me because He beautifully & perfectly created me and loves me just the way I am, flaws and all. 

4.  Do you have more “online” friends or real life friends?   My facebook says I have 777 friends.  I actually know 100% of who they are & have met 95% of them at least 1 time in my life.  However, real life friends, who are there for me & have my back no matter what I have far less, but still many.  I am blessed with great friendships.

5.  20 Year Class Reunion….Are you going, legitimately busy or you wouldn’t be caught dead stepping in the door?  Defiantly going.  Have been to each one so far.

6.  Do you prefer Flowers or Candy from the significant other or should they save the $?   I don't mind getting them, but save the money & buy me a new pair of running shoes (or some other running thing I want).

7.  If you were rich and famous and had the balls guts to name your kid something outlandish, what would that be?  First and Middle name, please!  Nothing to do with money or fame or that this is necessarily outlandish.  I'd name my son....his first name CLARENCE!  I've told people that & 99% of the time I get laughed at, questioned, mocked and ridiculed. 

8.  You’re in a marathon, in first place, on world record pace…..You have to “go”.  Do you stop for a port-o-pot, and possibly lose the race and miss the world record or do you go in the street for the world to see?  GO FOR THE GOLD!!!!  That is primarily why I wear running skirts now.  (a little tmi there)

9.  Why do you run?  Because this is how God created me & I can.  I need to other reason.  

10.  Favorite type of run:  Group, Solo, Tempo, Long Run, Speed Work?  ANY run is a good run therefore I have no favorite.  I like a little bit of everything & to keep changing it up.

11.  Most adventurous “out of character” thing you’ve ever done?  This isn't adventurous, but I once was patiently waiting for a parking spot and another car (who later said didn't see me waiting) started to pull into that spot.  I floored it and cut that car off so closely I nearly hit it.  I have no idea where that came from, that is so not me, not to mention it's just a parking spot.  I acted so quickly then felt so horrible, not to mention unbelievably embarrassed for acting that way.  That other driver followed me into the store & screamed & yelled at me.  I just stared at her then walked away. 

NOW my 11 questions for my special people that I am about to pick.

1.  If you could change your name to something different, even just for fun, what would it be?
2.  What is the 1 household chore you could go without ever doing again?
3.  Tell me about your first car. (This can be the first car you drove or owned)
4.  Where did you grown up?
5.  Do/did you have a nickname?  Tell me about it.
6.  How long have you been blogging?  What made you start?
7.  If money were no object where would you go on vacation?
8.  College....did you go?   what did you study? anywhere you wanted to go, but didn't?
9.  tell me something shocking that most people don't about you.
10.  exercise....love? hate?  love to hate?
11.  You have 24 hours to literally run....walk....get as far as you can with only your two feet.  How far would you get?

Last, but not least....my 11 LUCKY people.

1.   Suzie
2.  Rob
3. Stephanie
4.  Kim
5.  Amy
6.  Ashley
7.  Catey
8.  Sherri
9. Becca
10. Deihdra
11.  Niki

No comments:

Post a Comment