Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Ch-ch-changes

If you are reading this....well, then you got the memo. Or you followed my link. Either way, please note that my blog address changed. If you usually click on the link that I post on fb then continue to do so. You will not notice any difference. If you reach my blog from a direct source then you will have to note the change.

When I started this whole 2nd blog adventure I wasn't really sure what I was doing. Like most things in life if I don't know how to do it, I just figure it out as I go along. I'm not afraid to make mistakes & learn from them. In situations involving computers and/or internet I just click away & just see what this button does or that button does, etc. Eventually I get it all figured out.

I knew I wanted my blog to be titled She Runs Everywhere. In my whole learning by clicking method, I messed that whole thing up. At least temporarily. So I stuck the 95 in the title, to note the year I became a mom and began all this craziness of motherhood. It was my intent all along to change it once blogger said that I could. I'm actually a little proud of my blog title and want it all for myself. (All though I will always give credit to my friend Rikki who actually came up with the title while we were brainstorming ideas). It just has CARMEN written all over it. So back off....it's MINE! Not to mention it's just easier to remember and flows easier. It just makes sense!

Through a little miss click I saw from Blogger that She Runs Everywhere was available. So a few more clicks & I had it changed to what I had originally intended 6 months ago. I know this messes up some things. If anyone has me posted in their blog list on their blog, they will need to re-link it. Sorry. I should have done this a few weeks ago before I had an explosion of followers and fans. Which, by the way, I am very excited about. It's just one of those things that happened when it did. So take note, pass the word along and above all....keep following me on this wild adventure called LIFE : )

*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I did work out today. Not like I had originally planned. I was a good girl and set out my clothes and packed my bag last night before going to bed. That is one thing that will definitely throw my whole plan out the window. So I'm being a good girl & getting that done. I didn't get to bed quite as early as I would have liked. I seriously had 1 million loads of laundry to fold. Ok, so I didn't have that many. I did have enough folding to do to fill all the kid's baskets completely full and watched almost all of Gone With the Wind. In case you don't know that is an epicly long movie that takes 2 discs. It was nearly 10 before I finished and even then I still have 1 basket of the pesky bras, socks & underwear to sort for the kids. Ugh...you know....it's never ending.

Bed time thrown off AND not sleeping well (very unusual for me) left it extremely tempting for me to sleep in this morning. Again, good girl here got up and got ready to go. Thing is....I just didn't feel like going. It was dark & cold and I wasn't in the mood to get in the van & drive to the Y. So I stayed home and moved to plan B for getting my workout in. I didn't go back to bed. By then I was definitely awake. Instead I started to clean the kitchen and when Jim got up I fixed his breakfast and lunch for the day. It's actually nice to do this once in awhile. I so often head out long before he is up and leave him to fend for himself. He IS a big boy and can handle that on his own. That's not the issue though. I like to do it. It's just one of the things I have to give up in order to get my early morning exercise done. Anyway once Jim leaves, I have the house to myself. With their being no school there are no early risers and I enjoy the peace & quiet of the early morning hours of my nice warm house.

So I switched my schedule around. Worked hard to keep on track & not let this whole post poning of exercise get away from me like it usually does. The window guy who came to fix the two broken basement window threatened to ruin it all. I was persistent on myself and would NOT let myself back down. Eventually got to the Y. I was suppose to get a 5-6 mile run in on the treadmill, but quite honestly had very little time. I DO NOT like being rushed on my runs. I read/hear of squeezing little runs in here & there. For some reason though I'm all or nothing in this area. I either run what I planned or I don't. I'm not happy with 3 miles, especially if I feel rushed, if I had planned on 5. I know, I should just get over it, but for now I can't. Anyway, not all was lost. I decided to grab my book (that I need to have finished by next Thursday) and get on the bike. I can do both. Pedal away, get a workout, feel the burn AND get some reading done. (I am a reader, but I'm horrible at sitting down to accomplish that).

I managed to get 12 miles in on the bike. Then jumped in the pool for some laps. I didn't count, but had very little time. I DID go with the whole something is better than nothing theory on that one. Swimming is not my favorite and beloved sport so I'm totally willing to compromise on that. Need to get something in since I got signed up for my annual triathlon coming up at the end of January. You will hear more about that in posts to come.

Hooray! I stuck with it though and got a workout done. I could have easily not done it. I had a busy afternoon and as usual there is always much to do about around my house. I wish I had been brave enough to make a video when I was finishing up my bike. I WANTED to, but chickened out. Since it was daytime the Y was much busier than usual. There was a guy on the bike next to me 2 feet away. People behind me on their machines. Go ahead....say it...CHICKEN BUTT. I promise to work on it : )

No comments:

Post a Comment