Friday, December 23, 2011

Team Tough Chik

I am beyond excited to be introducing a new running adventure. I came across this racing team through another blogger that I follow.  I honest don't remember how I came across this awesome running mom blogger.  But I have been following her blog for several months now.  It's one of the attributing factors that helped me start this blog, She Runs Everywhere, to also share my running & life with you all.  Tonia also gets the credit for introducing me to Team Tough Chik . She posted about it, so I check it out and now I am also part of this team.

Having run track & cross country in jr. high & high school, I know all about being part of a team.  But, I have never been part of a racing team.  There are many out there.  I've seen & heard about them, but never pursued being part of one. Not sure why.  Just because, I guess.  This one caught my attention though and it gets the honor of being my first racing team ever.  Who knows if I will pursue other teams.  For now, I am very happy & excited to be part of this one.

Since having joined I have been connected with several other racing women (both running & biking) all around the world.  Mostly local, meaning within  North America, but we have a few others.  So we can rightly claim that we are a global team.  Many of these women also blog and race in a wide variety of capacities.  It has been very inspiring.  There is a big sense of us being one big community that just gets each other despite our differences.  We are united as one under the claim that we are ONE TOUGH CHIK!

If you are a woman (sorry guys!) and want to join me & the many others....don't wait!  You can only join through January 1st to be part of the 2012 team.  It will be fun and a new adventure...,.I can't wait!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! We are so excited about 2012 and all the wonderful Tough Chiks out there! I am VERY happy you choose us for your first team. We are honored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Go Team Tough Chik. I am really excited about this year too. I think I found out about Tough Chik through Tonia too. Here's to an awesome 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now I have been introduced to your blog! Holy smokes--6 kids! Way to manage it all. Happy to call you a "teammate."

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower through the Team Tough Chick website, I haven't joined yet, but will be in the next few days.

    ReplyDelete