Thursday, April 19, 2012

Three Things Thursday: Mojo, Backyard 100 miler & photo finish

1.  Little Ms. Mojo came knocking at my door this morning.  She was no where to be found at 3:45 a.m. when my alarm went off.  Since it took almost a minute for me to even hear my alarm and shuffle out of bed, I took that as a "sign" that I should sleep in & run this afternoon.  Fast forward to 4:40 (20 minutes before I like to get out the door, if I'm going to make a run happen.) I was awoken.  Almost as if someone had softly nudged me.  It took me a second to lay there before I realized..."do I hear birds chirping?"  Thus I was summoned and and out the door in record time to get my run done.  It was absolutely AWESOME!

2.  I am constantly thinking about my quest to run 100 miles in 24 hours.  It's going to happen my friends!!!!  Since I plan to run from my house and have even decided to set up camp in my backyard for when I loop back for rest, support, fuel & the likes.....I've decided the name shall be Backyard 100 miler.  Still working on other details.  I'll be looking to you all for love & support.  Both figuratively and literally.  Who's with me?!?!?!

3.   Initially, I was a little disappointed in the picture that ran in the paper last week for the Charger Challenge 2 & 4 mile Run.  I know the photographer, he's really REALLY awesome!  I don't blame him at all.  The conditions were hazy, he was trying to get that awesome photo finish.  When I first saw the picture in the paper and felt that disappointment, I thought perhaps the print on the paper was smugged or off.  When I saw the actual picture it looked just the same.  After pondering, I realized two things, a) the picture was taken about 10 feet from the actual finish line and 2) that in my mind that race, undoubtedly the hardest I have raced in a loooong time, was epic.  Perhaps even of Olympic proportion.  At least in my mind it was, which in case you haven't notice, I'm missing a fry or two from my Happy Meal.  Yeah, that explains a lot!  Anywho....I guess I was thinking I was going to look like Kara Goucher crossing the finish line.  But it was just me and the woman that I beat (who certainly gave me a push & run for my money....hats off to her!).  A fantastic me though.  I won't beat myself up too much.  Can you see the look of sheer determination on my face?  Can you see my legs of steel?  Pretty good foot/landing form if I may say so.  I'm rocking the socks & matching arm warmers like no other mother.  While the picture may not have been what I was imagining it's awesome none the less.  A moment I won't forget : )

Photo credit: Steve Davis for the Register Mail

No comments:

Post a Comment