Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday's Motivation & Lincoln Presidential half marathon recap

I raced on Saturday in Springfield, Il. I will get to that race recap in a moment. First wanted to throw some motivation your way.  I use these motivations for myself just as much as I hope it does something to inspire you.  I try not to always make them specifically about running.  A lot of mine can be applied to anything in your life.

When I was knee deep in my streaking challenge I was deeply motivated and started to mentally organize my 100/24 challenge. At the rate I was going I could easily do what I had in mind and blow myself away.  Then my foot problem began to start and I began to doubt wonder if I could still do this.  Actually, no that's not what happened.  I KNOW I can do this.  I don't doubt. I don't wonder.  I KNOW I can do this!!!!  I have it in me!!

I didn't tell you all, but I already had a date in my mind.  Mentally I had a plan.  IF I was going to have foot problems or any physical/running problems that persisted then it was going to be tough to do what I wanted when I wanted.  I don't know why I worry so much about it though.  Tough is my middle name.  I guess there is that fine line between being tough and being stupid.  Maybe it's not so fine, but it is to me.  I admit I like to push my limits and boundaries.

So I guess I was worried that if I set a date, tell you all about it, recruit you in the process to support me, even have you come out and run with me that it would just all fall apart and I would not even be able to do it.  Yes, I'm afraid of FAILING!  So I backed off of my thoughts, ideas, plans for this 100/24.

Yet there is constantly that pull.  That tug at my heart, my emotions, my motivation, my everything.  I recently overheard someone talking and without even thinking I said "I'm going to do that, I'm going to run 100 miles!!!!!"   So I'm tired of doubting, tired of wondering, thinking it won't happen no matter how well I plan, tired of dreaming.

I AM GOING TO RUN 100 MILES IN 24 HOURS!

Who's with me?!?!?!?!? (figuratively or not) 

What do you dream about doing?  What do you think you can't do?  I know that not everyone who reads my blog runs, but this can apply to anything.  What is holding you back?  What can you do?  What plans do you need to make?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
On Saturday my husband, Jim, and I ran the Lincoln Presidential half marathon.  We ran this race last year & really enjoy it.  It was, in fact, also Jim's 42nd birthday.  What a way to celebrate!

I was worried about the weather, the coolness of the temperatures.  It turned out to be quite perfect.  Not hot at all, but not too cold.  Perfect for what I was wearing.

Here we are at the start of the race.  Yes, my husband IS smiling ; )
Showing off my outfit.  My friend Becca helped me make my arm warmers.  It's just a pair of socks that we cut & sewed.  I wanted mine to have thumb holes in them.  They turned out super cute!

As previously stated another Team Tough Chik and fellow blogger Jess was running the same race.  We had connected before via facebook and our blogs, but I had never met her before in person.  I didn't see her before or during the race (actually I think I did see her, but didn't know it was her at the time).  When I saw her running toward the finish line I KNEW it was her.  I found her afterwards and we connected right away.  She has such a fun spunk about her I LOVE IT!

Here we are after our finish.  Yes, he's still smiling ; )  It was a great race for both of us!

Here are my race stats:
Clock time: 1:50:00
Chip time:  1:49:19
Pace: 8:21
Female place: 75/764
Age place: 15/126
Overall place:  307/1434

My time is not a personal record for me, but I was still very happy with how I ran.  I purposely hung back for the first 3 miles or so.  I am so guilty of going out too fast so I did not take off.  Once I did get going I felt pretty good the rest of the race.  Had a few lulls here and there.  The course had some good hills in it.  Where I live I don't get much hill training.  The hills were neither good or bad for me, just hills.  Overall I felt good and I felt like I was pushing myself.  Best of all.....my foot hasn't bothered me at all!  Yay!

1 comment:

  1. It was so nice to meet you in person! Was a great race and you smoked it!! Congrats

    ReplyDelete