Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tuesday's Tunes

Well it' has been a VERY interesting day so far.

Getting back to my normal running schedule means getting up at 4 a.m. so I can be out the door & running by 5 a.m.  I will admit the last month of not doing this was quite enjoyable.  I can very easily get used to "sleeping in" until 5:30.  That hour or so can make all the difference in the world.  I won't lie, it was tough to get up.  I even hit snooze once.  I tried to sit there convincing myself that I WOULD go running later.  It took a few minutes, but I did get myself moving & out the door.  I set out to run 3.5 miles.  Flat.  Here in town.  Other than a slower pace my run went fine.  Even now hours later my foot is not bothering me at all.  That just leaves me confused.  Why did I have such pain yesterday, but not today?  Well, I'm sure taking some drugs had something to do with it.  Ah, yes, my sweet drugs.  I took a dose of ibuprofen before I went to bed and a dose as soon as I got up/before I ran.  No doubt that helped, but any covering any pain effect should have worn off my now.  If I had honestly tweeked/bothered my foot eventually the drugs would wear off and I would feel it.  I still feel fine over 5 hours later.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm not complaining.  I will take the run and well.....run with it.  Haha, yeah stupid pun.  Afterward I taught my pilates class and then lifted weights.  At one point I felt my early rising hit me.  I wanted to just go home and crawl back into bed.  I had a hard time resisting.  Enough, is enough, right.  I just took it easy for the last month and for almost 2 weeks did almost nothing.  ENOUGH!  I pushed through and finished my workout.  I was suppose to swim, but a series of little things kept me from that.  At first I couldn't find my suit, then my shampoo was missing.  Got those things recovered then my goggles were not in my bag.  I literally threw up my hands and said: fine, I WON'T swim!  Sometimes I feel like I'm getting a sign, a signal....call it whatever you want.  I am hoping to get back to the Y to swim, but won't stress over it.

I go to leave the Y and of all things, I can't get my van to start.  Ok, didn't see that coming.  I wasn't too surprised either.  On Sunday at the drive in something funky happened with the ignition, the place where you put in the key to turn it on, whatever that is called.  For awhile we thought we would be stuck at the drive in all night.  With the help of a friend and a screwdriver Jim got it fixed.  This morning I could get the key to go in, but it will not turn.  Yes, it is in park.  Yes, I had turned the steering wheel so it wasn't locked in place.  Yes, I tried putting my foot on the break.  Not the exact problem Jim had the other night, but very similar.  So I had to walk home from the Y.  I'm sure I could have called someone to drive me home.  Really though I have 2 strong, healthy legs & the weather outside is wonderful!  I only live 2 miles from the Y.  Just walk already.

Well, this has turned into a nice ramble of my morning so far.  It hasn't gone exactly like I expected.  My iPod was a little funky so my tunes that I listened to on my run this a.m. got messed up and other than my memory I don't know what songs I listened to.  I remember a few of them & will list them below along with some music I listened to while I walked home.

Don't forget you have TWO more days to enter my Bondi Band giveaway.  I'm excited about everyone who entered.  I wish I could give everybody a Bondi Band.  Since I can't (or won't), at least not at this point, make sure you enter the giveaway.  I should look into getting bands that say She Runs Everywhere.  That would be fun.  That would be also spending money on Bondi Bands so I guess I shouldn't since I promised no more....for this year.  Come on 2013, hurry and get here : )


Let My Words Be Few - Phillips, Craig and Dean
The Incredible Hulk - TV Tunes (Best tv show ever!)
Tell Him - Celine Dion & Barbra Streisand
That'll Be the Day - Buddy Holly
Somewhere Out There - Linda Ronstadt & James Ingram
Wake Up - Hillary Duff
We Fall Down - Passion Worship Band
Sing - Carpenters
Make Me Lose Control - Eric Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment