Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday's Funny

Ha!  Ha!  The joke was on us.  After several days of hype and non stop media talk the "big winter storm" arrived last night.  Except it didn't really come.  At first we thought, oh....ok....slow start, it will really pick up over night.  Nope!  Upon waking this morning I believe our official snowfall was an accumlative 2".  That is a far cry from this:
(I live in the dark blue area)

I'm nuetral to the whole snow issue.  I really don't mind one way or the other if we have snow.  While I don't mind a day home with the kids to veg and watch movies, it's not going to affect my running or much else of my life.  A few years ago when we had 14" inches of snow I didn't stay put for days on end.  Yes, I stayed home during the brunt of the storm, but then ventured out and carried on with life as usual.  As pointed out by another friend, even if we had received the predicted amount, it's really not that much.  It's not like we live in Alaska or Antarctica, just deal with it people.

Based on a gut feeling that had nothing to do with any meteorological knowledge I had come to my own conclusion that we would get 5-6 inches which would keep the kids home from school.  So I planned accordingly with lots of movies and extra baking goodies to spend the day at home with them.  I figured it would be nice enough by late afternoon to take them to the Y and for me to get a run in.  Instead it was morning as usual with hauling the kids to school.

I decided to still relax today.  I'm still in my jammies.  I've watched a movie.  I've baked 6 dozen mint chocolate chip oatmeal muffins.  I plan to set out for a run this afternoon.
(A little bit of my day represented here)

So bummer, my day didn't turn out quite like I was expecting (mostly just sans kids though).  The snowstorm was a fail, but I'm not complaining either.  What are you gonna do?  I just laugh & be amused.  Life is funny sometimes.  Just go with the flow & roll with the punches.

4 comments:

  1. I guess they sent all of your snow our way because we ended up with 11 inches. Now there is supposed to be more coming Sunday night. We'll see what that holds. Oh, and can I have your recipe for the mint chocolate chip muffins? They sound really yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually posted the recipe before. It's a basic oatmeal muffin recipe I use, I just change what I throw in there for flavoring. Sometimes it's blueberries, sometimes chocolate chips. This time I added a bag of Andes Mint Chocolate. It's in the baking aisle. Basically their mints all chopped up for baking. Here is the link for the recipe:
    http://sherunseverywhere.blogspot.com/2012/01/tuesdays-treasure_24.html

    We are suppose to get more snow on Monday too. We'll see what happens! I'm a little jealous of your two snow days with your kids. I was looking forward to the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I don't know why my link didn't come up as an actual link for you to click on. You can find it in my archives under January 2012.

    ReplyDelete