Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tuesday's Tunes: Focus on the Positive

So excited!  I was late in the day to get this post started and was just getting started when I remember I saw two packages sitting on the front porch when I got home.  I was expected these packages so I jumped up in little kid fashion to go see what awaited me.

Taaaaaadaaaaaaa....




I was due for new shoes and had recently ordered my newest pair of Saucony's.  Then, just YESTERDAY, I had ordered a pair of Brooks GTX to go with my upcoming 50k in 12 days.  Standard shipping seemed risky so I paid the extra money to bump up to the next level and BAM they came today!

You know you're a runner when the highlight of your day is NEW SHOES!!!!  The Brooks will get lots of use this week with the snow and ice we got last night and the expected 2-6 inches that is heading our way in a few days.

So I won't tell you about how I ran late last night while it was snowing and saw some beautiful snow thunder.  Also won't mention my run this morning in the dark pre dawn hours on pure iced over streets with the windshield dipping down to -14 and steady winds of 18 MPR.  Nope, nope....let's just focus the positive....Yay!  New shoes!!

Here are my tunes that I listened to on my run this morning:

Olympic Theme - John Williams
Up All Night - One Direction
Happy Girl - Martina McBride
Greatest American Hero - TV Theme Song
Weekend in New England - Barry Manilow
Then Fredric/When the Formen Bares the Steel - Pirates of Penzance
The B-I-B-L-E - Go Fish
The Mom Song - Go Fish
Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
Jesus Messiah - Chris Tomlin
Blessings - Laura Story
Iowa Fight Song - U of I
Waiting for a Star to Fall - Boy Meets Girl
Every Breath You Take - Police
Gonna Fly Now - Bill Conti

No comments:

Post a Comment