Monday, February 18, 2013

Random Thoughts

I have a few random thoughts that I wanted to throw on here.  I don't have enough time or honestly want to take the energy to put into a full post.  So here are my  few random thoughts on this President's Day.

~Today is a national holiday.  That means my husband and all 6 children are home.  That always throws me for a loop.  It's one thing when it's the kids, but a whole other ball park when you throw the hubby in too.  My time is not so much my time on days like this.  Largely explains why I need to wham bam thank you m'am this post.

~My dad is also coming today.  He should be here any minute now.  Dad doesn't come over often, so I make sure I'm completely available for him.

~Last night we had friends come over to play games.  They didn't even get here until 9 p.m.  That's ok with no work and no school today.  We can afford the time to stay up late and do what ever.  I unfortunately ate and drank like crap.  After my 11 mile run yesterday I chugged a Mt. Dew with no guilt at all.  I even made the comment and realized that I had not drank a Mt. Dew since the last time these friends came over to play games which was New Years Eve.  It's no true justification (is there ever for eating/drinking junk food), but I don't indulge in some things very often.  Even though it had been 6 weeks, it might be 6 months before I indulge again.  There is no rhyme or reason to when/why I indulge I just go with the flow.

~Since our friends were here late and then I couldn't get to sleep until 1 a.m. or so, I also ruined my chances of my usual early morning workout.  Typically I'm up and out the door by 5:30 a.m.  Largely that is because of my schedule with the kids getting to school etc.  I could have easily slept in until 6 or even 7 and still went and got my workout in.  No school gives me a lot more flexibility in my morning time.  In a complete act of laziness I didn't bother to set my alarm and just decided to sleep until I felt like it.  Didn't wake up until 8 a.m.  Still, I could have rolled out of bed, rushed to the Y and squeezed it in.  Instead I got the laundry going and have enjoyed a cup of coffee while buying new running shoes online and blogging to y'all.  Sometimes it's nice to not be so strict with myself and just let things roll.  Don't worry, I will still get my run in today.  Monday's is always an easy 2 miles.  It's nice to just let go and be "lazy" even if it's just for one day.  Don't worry I'll be back to cracking the whip tomorrow.

~Saturday and Sunday seem to be carrying the weights of my runs recently.  Last weekend I ran 10 miles on both of those days.  This weekend I ran 9 on Saturday and 11 on Sunday.  That wasn't my plan either day.  Timing and the weather on Saturday turned my planned 14 miles into 9.  I rarely ever concede to the weather, but the wind and bitter cold was very bad.  Right away we (I ran with my running partner) altered our run to try and fight the wind, but it was really fighting us hard.  We still managed the 9, but it was really tough.  We decided to try again for 14 on Sunday, but we found ourselves fighting against time.  So much to do, so little time.  We still managed 11 and the weather was much nicer to us this time.  In anticipation of an upcoming  winter snow storm I need to try and pack in the miles before it all hits on Thursday.  Otherwise I'll be hitting the treadmill hard, which is not an option I enjoy.  We'll see what happens.

My daddy just walked in and it's time to take my daughter to swimming.  Have a great President's Day everyone!!!!!


  1. Seriously, right?! Since it's a federal holiday, my hubby had a FOUR day weekend. All four of us for four whole days. My hubs is wandering around with nothing to do. Kids are bored and... momma is busy. Story of our lives. I swear they are all swarming the kitchen every couple hours, waiting for the next meal. LOL Hubs finally went into work this morning to get "stuff done"

  2. Have fun today with your dad girlie!! Good luck with everyone home too, it's hard.

  3. It sounds like quite a hectic day with that many people in the house. Hope you enjoyed your time with your dad!

  4. It was a bit of a crazy day, but it WAS a good day. Hubs was busy car shopping with our daughter & friend and my dad & I decided to fix the ice cube maker. Lots of coming and going, but it was a good day!!