Thursday, June 7, 2012

Three Things Thursday

1. I have been up since 4 a.m. I went to bed shortly after midnight. Do the math. Amazingly though I feel fine. I do expect to crash & burn at some point though. I really, REALLY need to work on my sleeping schedule. I know ultimately it's my responsibility, but my kid's summer schedule is throwing me for a loop. This is nothing new. I go through this every summer. On the plus side with such a carefree schedule (most of the time) I can afford to take a little snoozy this afternoon. I love soaking up the sun, so just when I'm ready to crash & burn I will throw on my swimsuit and go lounge/nap out in my lawn chair. I'm not a heavy sleeper so I'll hear the kids if they scream bloody murder over something & demand my attention. Even then I'll lay there half asleep and decide if they are just being over dramatic (my kids? neeeveeeeer?!?!?!) or perhaps need a good "KNOCK IT OFF!". Either way they'll survive mommy's little snooze time in the sun and we'll all be one happy family!  What is your sleep schedule like right now?  Does it being summer effect your normal routine?

2. I have been sitting out on my front porch for quite some time now.  This is my favorite place to be in the morning.  It has taken me way too long to get this post done.  I keep finding myself staring out into who knows what.  Just enjoying my quiet time.  Although it's not truly quiet since I have music playing on my ipod.  Among many things music can soothe my soul, quiet me down and leave me feeling refreshed.  What are some things you do for quiet time?

3.  In 16 days we leave for our annual vacation to IRBC Family Camp.  I am SO EXCITED!  I just want to hit fast forward and get there NOW!  I grew up going to this camp and this will be our 11th year attending as a family.  It was there a year ago is when I made my introductory vlog posts to kick of SRE.  Yay!  I'm coming up to my one year anniversary!  I will need to think of something special to celebrate my past year with you all.  Anyway....vacation.  I'm really looking forward to it and the awesomeness that always surrounds it.  I CAN'T WAIT!!!!    What are your vacation plans do you have for this summer?  Is there somewhere or something you do every summer to get away?

No comments:

Post a Comment