Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tuesday's Tunes - I RUN THIS TOWN

I almost talked myself out of running early this morning.  I still have yet to get a grip on my night time sleeping.  My new normal bedtime is 10 - 11 p.m.  EVERY NIGHT I think....I'm going to get to bed by 9.  And it just doesn't happen.  As I stood at my alarm I reset it for another hour of sleep and told myself I would run this afternoon.  When I crawled back into bed the thought Tuesday's Tunes popped into my head.  OH NO!  I can't blog until I have tunes to post.  And I really didn't want to wait until that late in the day to blog either.  For the most part, I really like to have this done as early as possible.  So I got up and going.....just for YOU ALL!

I was suppose to run 4 miles, but due to some extra motivation, that I will tell you about next, I threw in another mile or so.  I had enough time before my class, so why not.  Even though it was a "cool" 55 when I headed out at 5 a.m. I really worked up a sweat.  It took me awhile to get my stride flowing, but once I did I felt like I was flying.  I was SO thankful I did get myself up and running early! 

I didn't plan it, but I had a Michael Jackson theme to my music today.  When I run, I hit shuffle and let the randomness of 2600+ songs take me on my run.  I started with a MJ song (it's just what was on and playing when I started) and noticed a few more in there and ended with an MJ song.  Twice I did skip a song because it was really was just too boring for running.  When I have this situation I just hit the next button.  I don't go searching for a specific song.  Here are my tunes for today:

Heal the World - Michael Jackson
Eight is Enough - TV theme song
Seinfield - TV theme song
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison
I Just Can't Stop Loving You - Michael Jackson
Blue - LeAnn Rimes
Rainbow Brite & Me - TV theme song
Papi - Jennifer Lopez
Friends - Michael W. Smith
Doogie Howser, M.D. - TV theme song
Take It to the Limit - The Eagles
Praclaim the Glory of the Lord - Steve Green
Bad - Michael Jackson
Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf - 3 Little Pigs
Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
Beat It - Michael Jackson



I have a new challenge to work through this summer.  It's called I RUN THIS TOWN.  The idea originated from my hometown running group, Muscatine Running Friends, where through out the course of a year they ran every single street in Muscatine.  This running club meets on Wednesday nights, Saturday & Sunday mornings.  They really are one great group of runners.  I love them to pieces and can not speak highly enough of them.  Many in the group completed what they set out to do and got cute t-shirts on them that have the map of the town and and logo to match.  I had considered doing this where I live (I live a little too far away to run with them all the time), but never got past the thought process.  Recently, my husband, Jim, had been talking about doing the same thing.  Thanks to some extra motivation and a challenge from him to get it done I decided to start in on this task.  Sometimes when I go out to run I have specific streets to run to cross off my list.  Other times it just happens while I am out on a run.  That is why this morning I added the extra loop.  I was able to knock a little neighborhood off my list since I was right there & had the time to run around it. 

I have a goal to get every street in Galesburg run by Labor Day.  I plan to make this the theme of my Monday posts to update you and let you know how things are going.  What about YOU?   Can you run your town?  Any Galesburgians want to join me in this challenge?  What about where you live?  Will you be able to say YOU RUN THIS TOWN?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment